miércoles, 3 de junio de 2009

STATISTICS!!!

During the career of Sociology, in these three years I have gone through many subjects, some of which have been very important and entertaining and others rather boring and not very motivating.
Since the second half I had a subjet that in the beginning it seemed very difficult, this subjet was Statistics, and this career has Statistics I, Statistics II, Statistitcs III and Statistics IV. In this moment, I`m in the last Statistics, the Statistics IV and It is not only numbers and calculations, now we are reflections about the measured the real with numbers and validity of this for the sociological investigation.
These themes are very interesting for me; for that reason Statistics is my favourite subjet.
Another positive rhing of this subjet are the bigs posibilites of development in the laboral area, because there is a lot of investigation that used the statistics as a tool of action to the generation of the data bases and the data tables interpretation. This is very useful for the sociological research.

2 comentarios:

  1. Patrick,
    I hope you succeed in your studies, achieve your goals, do the kind of job you want to do and contribute to change this world for the better.
    Notice the following:
    (I`m very funny): comedians are funny, the make people laugh. You should say: “Good/I’m glad to see you again.
    (when either sociologist.): this is not very clear
    (I am gOing to talk you).: “...to talk to you” or “tell you”
    (...I wanted change/ ...that I want do/ I want do): What’s missing?
    (to the society): What is unnecessary here and why?
    Say: First (of all) ..., Secondly...., Besides..., etc.
    (every times I am interested).: Use this type of structure: I’ve always lived in.../ I’ve always wanted to work as/ etc
    (, I want that we lives) Follow this pattern: I want you to leave / She wants me to come tomorrow/We want him to study..., etc.
    I’m afraid the last two paragraphs are not clear enough.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Sorry Patricio, but the comment above doesn't belong in this post. Here you are the right one:

    Patricio,
    I’m surprised that you like Statistics. As a rule students hate this subject because they find it really difficult. I had a course about basic statistics and I didn’t find it hard at all, but boring.
    I hope you become an expert on this.
    Please have a look at the corrected version of this post and the note below.


    STATISTICS!!!
    During the career of Sociology, in these three years I have gone through many subjects, some of which have been very important and entertaining and others rather boring and not very motivating.
    FROM THE START OF the second half I HAVE had a subjet that (-) seemed very difficult AT the beginning. This subjet was Statistics, and this career has Statistics I, Statistics II, Statistitcs III and Statistics IV. AT thE moment/ AT PRESENT , I`m in the last Statistics, (-) Statistics IV and It is not only numbers and calculations, now we are EXPECTED TO REFLECT ON ( the measured the real with numbers and validity of this for the sociological investigation. ( (*) THIS IS NOT VERY CLEAR.
    These themes are very interesting TO me; for that reason Statistics is my favourite subjet.
    Another positive Thing ABOUT this subjet IS the BIG poSsibilites of development in the PROFESSIONAL area, because there is a lot of investigation that USES the statistics as a tool of action FOR the generation of the data bases and the data tables interpretation. This is very useful for the sociological research.

    (the bigs posibilites): ) Adjectives never change, so they never add “s”. Ex. A boring film / many boring films

    ResponderEliminar